Intel today announced full details and availability for the new 13th Gen Intel® Core™ i9-13900KS, the world’s fastest desktop processor1. It delivers up to 6.0 gigahertz (GHz) max turbo frequency out of the box – the first processor in the PC industry to cross that threshold at stock – to power world-class gaming and creating experiences for desktop enthusiasts. In addition to 24 cores, it delivers up to 6.0 GHz max turbo frequency and 36MB Intel® Smart Cache for incredible performance in gaming and content creation workloads.
Key features and capabilities of the i9-13900KS include:
- Up to 6.0 GHz max turbo frequency with Intel® Thermal Velocity Boost – the first CPU in the PC industry to reach 6.0 GHz without overclocking.
- Intel® Adaptive Boost Technology for improved gaming performance by opportunistically allowing higher multicore turbo frequencies.
- 24 cores (eight Performance-cores and 16 Efficient-cores), 32 threads, 150W processor base power, 36MB Intel Smart Cache and a total of 20 PCIe lanes (16 PCIe 5.0 and four PCIe 4.0 lanes).
- Up to DDR5 5600 MT/s and DDR4 3200 MT/s support.
- Compatible with Z790 and Z690 motherboards, with the latest BIOS recommended for the best gaming and content creation experience.
This special edition processor became available beginning Jan. 12, 2023.