WhatsApp has been used by multiple small businesses all over the world to effectively communicate with their customers, which is why it made perfect sense for Facebook to launch the WhatsApp Business app.
The business app will enable businesses to have an official presence. Some of the new features provided by Whatsapp business are given below.
- Business profiles – Enables businesses to provide a description and contact details, making it easier for customers to know about the business and also contact them.
- Messaging tools – This allows businesses to preset messages like answers to FAQs, greeting messages, and busy messages.
- Messaging statistics – Analytics like the number of messages read.
- WhatsApp Web – Allowing WhatsApp Business to be used at the comfort of your desktop.
- Account type – Businesses can list their account as a business account, which becomes confirmed accounts upon confirmation of the account phone number matching the business phone number.
A study conducted by the Morning Consult resulted in above 80% small businesses saying that Whatsapp helps in communication and growth of their business.
Currently, in India, 84% of small businesses think that Whatsapp helps them with communication to their customers, and 80% of small businesses think it helps in business growth.
This launch does not affect the current WhatsApp application in any way, with the ability to block numbers including businesses and reporting spam remaining intact.
Currently, businesses in Indonesia, Italy, UK and USA can download the WhatsApp Business application. The app will be rolled out in other countries in the coming weeks.